This program is not for businesses! opens in a new windowBusinesses Go Here (External links open in a new tab)
APPLICATION LAUNCH DATE is TUESDAY, AUGUST 11, 2020 and ENDS on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2020 OR WHEN ALLOCATED FUNDS ARE EXHAUSTED
HAMILTON Cares for Families
(External links open in a new tab)
The Hamilton County Board of County Commissioners approved the Human Services Program on August 04, 2020 to assist families hardest hit by COVID-29.
The Human Services uses a portion of the County’s allocation from the federal CARES Act approved by Congress. The Board will dedicate $180 thousand toward Hamilton County families.
What Are the HAMILTON Cares Funds?
If you lost a job or significant income due to impacts from the pandemic, you may qualify for financial assistance up to $2,000 per household to pay for rent, mortgage or utility payments (not water, sewer, or gas) during the period starting March 1, 2020. If you were not current on your bills before March 1, 2020, you will not qualify.
This fund helps Hamilton County individuals and families affected financially by the COVID-19 pandemic to help with a one-time payment to maintain housing. THIS IS NOT A STIMULUS CHECK!
You can only apply for assistance to cover coronavirus-related costs that have not already been paid for by insurance or by another federal program.
The HAMILTON Cares Fund was established by the Hamilton County Board of County Commissioners allocated from the CARES Act.
How it works
Applications are available at the Hamilton County Coordinator’s Office located in the Hamilton County Courthouse Annex (old High School), download or complete on-line or have an application email to you by requesting it at firstname.lastname@example.org new email.
Applications will be processed from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday. The program is first come, first qualified.
Assistance is available on Tuesday and Thursday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM by calling 386-855-3608 or 386-855-3609 or email email@example.com new email . Call volumes will be higher than usual during the application window. Once your signed forms and residency documentation have been received, you will get a message confirming the status of your application. Upon approval, all payments will go directly to the eligible utility, mortgage lender or landlord. You WILL NOT receive a direct payment.
Please note: Assistance requests will be processed as quickly as possible. Due to the widespread impact of the pandemic on our local community, we anticipate a high volume of requests. Please do not call to check on the status of your request as this will slow down our process of approving and distributing assistance.
HAMILTON Cares Funds FAQ
What Expenses Can I Get Help With?
This fund helps items to keep you housed and employed. This fund may provide the following assistance:
- Rent payment
- Mortgage payment
- Electric payment
- What Documents Will I Need to Submit?
You will be required to submit documents that verify your:
- US Citizenship
- Hamilton County Residency
- Sign an attestation that your income loss is due to COVID-19 with assets under $10,000
- Showing past-due amount on your utility bills or mortgage bill
- For rent assistance:
- Late Notice with the total amount due
- The first page of the lease
- Completed W9 from the landlord
All documents must have the same name and identifying information across all the documents to receive assistance.
There are similar documents in each category below, you only need to provide one copy of the document to be used for each category above. For example, a social security card can be used for citizenship and identification. Also, a valid driver’s license can be used for identification and residency requirements.
Submit copies of the following documents below:
- Proof of US Citizenship (One from below)
- Current Hamilton County Driver’s License with Real ID Star
- US social security card
- US birth certificate
- Valid & current U.S. passport
- Certificate of Naturalization
- “Green card” INS forms I-151 or I-551.
- Proof of Hamilton County Residency (One from below)
- Current Hamilton County Driver’s License or State Identification showing a Hamilton County address
- Mortgage documents, rental lease, rent receipts or letter from a landlord or property owner
- Proof of Homestead Exemption
- Recent water, electric, gas, telephone, cable television or other utility bills in the name of the applicant indicating a current address within Hamilton County
- Vehicle registration in the name of the applicant indicating an address within Hamilton County
- Hamilton County Voter Identification card
- Bank, credit union, or a similar statement indicating a home address in Hamilton County
- Proof of US Citizenship (One from below)
- Past Due Mortgage or Utility Bills (All from below)
- PDF of the utility late/overdue bills (water, and/or electricity, )
- PDF of the mortgage statement
- Past Due Rent Bills (All from below)
- Eviction notice or late notice listing the amount past due and a copy of the lease.
- If the applicant receives Section 8 Tenant-Based Assistance, a Housing Assistance Payment Contract (HAP Contract) is required in addition to the lease agreement.
- The first page of the lease.
- W9 from the landlord for payment